SL Corporation Announces Advanced Alerting and Troubleshooting for Oracle Coherence
New Release of RTView for Oracle Coherence Includes Heat Maps, Custom Alerts and Deep AnalyticsPress Releases, SL in the News
Corte Madera, CA – May 5, 2009 – SL Corporation, a leading provider of real-time monitoring, analytics and visualization software, today announced that the new release of RTView for Oracle Coherence adds key advances in performance optimization,alerting and alert management, and troubleshooting for Oracle Coherence applications. Unique features combine to deliver the most comprehensive monitoring and management solution available for both Oracle Coherence applications and their environment, and help to dramatically Reduce the risk of stability problems in production.
“Because Coherence applications are so distributed, it’s tough for users to validate whether they are running correctly, said Tom Lubinski, founder, president and CEO of SL Corporation. “And even when they have warning, it is extremely difficult to troubleshoot a problem and solve it. A big part of this new release is enabling not only advanced alerting functionality, but also deep analytics regarding the health of a Coherence implementation across numerous dimensions, including the underlying JVM.
First introduced to the market in October of 2007, the latest release of RTView for APM | OC Monitor introduces sophisticated new displays – including heat maps – to provide even greater context and help users validate that the Coherence application is working as it should. Validation of metrics such as cache sizes, high limits, and capacity is key to optimizing the performance of a Coherence grid.
Alerting and alert management have been dramatically enhanced to include the ability to customize alerts which may involve customizing the alert message itself, or customizing an automated response to an alert such as restarting a server or starting a new process. The alert system can notify operators via email, pages, or SNMP traps when specific conditions are encountered such as excessive network delays or high memory utilization, providing early warning of trouble in the cluster. Users can also view a history of alerts such as the frequency of a specific alert, and tie alerts to a trouble ticket system.
The new release also provides sophisticated analytics about caches, resources, cluster members and cluster activity in order to speed troubleshooting and problem resolution. Key features in this area include:
- Tools to track expected patterns of cache activity or utilization (puts, gets, misses, evictions, size) in order to quickly recognize abnormal behavior and prevent what could be a costly cluster outage.
- The ability to monitor the number and average size of objects in each cache, including their distribution across storage nodes and hosts, and utilize memory effectively by optimizing cache capacity settings to minimize the number of servers required to support a specific application.
- Optional views of JVM and garbage collection behavior on each node.
- An advanced Historian capability that can retain a historical record of important cluster metrics in any standard SQL database. This enables review or troubleshooting of cluster behavior during nightly batch runs, for example, or for baseline comparison of current metrics against historical averages.
- Detailed views into every available performance metric provided by Oracle Coherence, along with aggregation into higher-level views that summarize information across nodes, caches, or the entire cluster. RTView also provides an ability to create logical custom views that allow operators to see the big picture amidst all of the detailed data.
To register for SL’s upcoming webcast entitled, “Advanced Alerting and Troubleshooting for Oracle Coherence Applications, please visit https://cc.readytalk.com/r/1cwdsyic2a4kz.
About SL Corporation
Over the past 25 years, SL Corporation has become the most knowledgeable and responsive provider of real-time monitoring, analytics, and visibility solutions. SL’s flagship product, RTView, addresses a broad spectrum of enterprise visibility challenges spanning application performance management (APM), business activity monitoring(BAM), and component-level infrastructure monitoring. RTView has also become the de facto standard for extending the visualization of complex event processing (CEP) engines, TIBCO messaging middleware, Oracle Coherence data grids, and custom applications. SL’s exclusive focus on real-time visibility solutions, commitment to customer success, and partner-centric culture are why thousands of industry leaders have chosen to work with SL to support their most critical applications and businesses. SL Corporation can be reached at +1415-927-8400 or on the web at www.sl.com.