SL Corporation Releases Real-time JMX Dashboard SolutionPress Releases, RTView, SL in the News
Corte Madera, CA – September 25, 2006– SL Corporation, a leading provider of open business information delivery platform solutions that empower decision makers with mission-critical information, today announced the availability of a solution that enables IT Managers to deploy customizable dashboards for the management of applications implemented with Java Management Extensions (JMX).
Now that JMX is a part of the Java Runtime Environment, many vendors are delivering JMX enabled software which provides a means to either manage those applications or gather metrics about their performance via this standard protocol. IT departments are also using JMX to provide statistics and a standard means to manage their in-house designed applications. However, many of the leading systems management solutions are limited when it comes to summarizing, archiving, presenting and analyzing this information to determine how these metrics describe performance and availability.
SL delivers JMX dashboards via RTView, its flagship business information delivery platform. RTView facilitates the monitoring of JMX-enabled applications by including access to JMX MBean attributes and operations. RTView enables enterprises to:
- Browse available MBean attributes and assign their values as input to a variety of graphical objects in a web-based dashboard
- Archive MBean data for later analysis
- Aggregate MBean attributes and other data sources to do things like provide subtotals over dimensions or time series
- Synthesize new metrics from collections of individual metrics (e.g. alerts, averages, totals, etc.)
- Define thresholds and actions based on MBean attributes or aggregated data
- Create dashboards that include the ability to execute an MBean operation to facilitate the management of specific JMX enabled applications
- Specify automatic query rates for MBean attributes rather than require user interactive refresh
- Collect the same attributes from different applications using wildcarding with the * syntax
- Provide ways to collect attributes from multiple beans of the same type from within an application
“SL responded to a need in the market for deeper understanding of IT metrics delivered through JMX, said Rodney Morrison, Director of Product Management at SL Corporation. “Delivering key performance metrics to IT managers in real-time “with historical performance data at their fingertips for baseline and trend analysis “is vital to ensuring the stability and performance of the IT infrastructure. SL provides a powerful and flexible way for companies to significantly improve their monitoring activities.
About SL Corporation
Since 1983, SL Corporation has provided an open business information delivery platform empowering decision makers with mission critical information. Companies leverage the SL platform to deliver powerful real-time business intelligence, infrastructure/application monitoring, and graphic design and application development functionality to their users. SL has issued more than 75,000 licenses for our platform in every vertical industry, including manufacturing, energy/utilities financial services, telecommunications, defense/aerospace, technology and transportation. SL Corporation can be reached at (415) 927-8400 or on the web at www.sl.com.
Categories: Press Releases
SL in the News