SL Corporation’s RTView Extends IBM Tivoli Netcool to Meet the Needs of Application Support TeamsPress Releases, RTView, SL in the News
Corte Madera, CA – October 30, 2012 – SL Corporation, a leading provider of application and service-level system monitoring solutions, today announced that their flagship product, RTView Enterprise Monitor, extends IBM Tivoli Netcool to provide application support teams with the visibility they need to understand how Netcool events impact their particular applications and services.
“While many organizations publish Netcool events to their application support teams, often these events become noise due to a lack of context and relevance,” said Rodney Morrison, Vice President of Products for SL Corporation. “RTView interfaces with Netcool events and data to provide application support teams with a visibility system that is both about them, and under their control.”
The facets of this tailored event management solution include:
- Enrichment of Netcool events through introspection of the event and correlation with additional data to determine the services or groups impacted and ensure the event is actionable
- Annotation of events with details about who interacted with the event, and how the event was evaluated and handled
- Filtering of Netcool events based on role, business service, etc. so that each application support team member only sees what they care about
- Additional filtering of Netcool events based on suppression – the ability to interact with events and set rules to categorically filter out those that are not relevant
- Top-level views with drill down into the full content of a Netcool alert, and analysis of the alert data against historical trends to prioritize the alert based on potential impact
Fortune 100 companies currently using RTView Enterprise Monitor to extend Netcool events are leveraging up to four RTView functional modules to deliver the visibility required by their application support teams:
1) Holistic, single-pane-of-glass views – bringing together all of the data from Netcool and other systems and applications that RTView is monitoring, as well as data from other monitoring tools, all in one place
2) Correlation and filtering of events, storage of history, and centralized views across all events via a highly scalable and flexible platform
3) Event Management – workflow describing who owns an event, how it is handled, and how it is ultimately resolved
4) Business impact – similar to a BSM solution for Netcool, enrichment of alerts based on a service dependency model to see the impact on services of those events
About SL Corporation
Over the past 25 years, SL Corporation has become the most knowledgeable and responsive provider of real-time monitoring, analytics, and visibility solutions. SL’s flagship product, RTView, addresses a broad spectrum of enterprise visibility challenges spanning application performance monitoring (APM), business service management (BSM), business activity monitoring (BAM), and component-level infrastructure monitoring. RTView has also become the de facto standard for enhancing visibility into TIBCO middleware, Oracle Coherence in-memory data grids, and complex distributed applications. SL’s exclusive focus on real-time visibility solutions, commitment to customer success, and partner-centric culture are why thousands of industry leaders have chosen to work with SL to support their most critical applications and businesses. SL Corporation can be reached at +1 415-927-8400 or on the web at www.sl.com.